The SCVNGR trek I’ve been working on is coming along! It is currently live on SCVNGR, but this isn’t quite the official announcement of it yet. I’ve tested it a bit myself and had my friend Walter at the Urban Ecology Center help test it with his Android. The few bugs I discovered have been fixed (I think) and I’m almost ready to call it done. But, I think it could use a bit more testing, especially by non-Urban Ecology Center folks.
Do you have an iPhone or Android and about half an hour to try the “Explore Riverside Park” trek and let me know how it goes?
- If so, please go to the Urban Ecology Center’s Riverside Park location and try out the trek. Or, if you want more info first, leave a comment below or get in touch with me on twitter.
- If not, but you still want to help, there is a text message version of the trek as well! To try it out, go to the UEC and text ‘explorerp’ to 728674 (scvngr) and you’ll receive the challenges as texts.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the trek! Here are some things I’m wondering about:
- Is it fun?
- Did you learn anything about the UEC or nature?
- Was it too hard/too easy?
- Do the point values seem appropriate for the difficulty of the challenges?
- Does the QR code scanning challenge work? (It didn’t in earlier testing but I’m pretty sure it’s fixed now)
- Is there anything important missing from the trek?
Massive thanks to anyone who is willing to help me out with this!